Thursday, May 15, 2014

Packing?

Welcome to my second post!
If you know me you know I like to plan and organize ahead of time; but I'm not sure anyone would be reading this if they didn't know me because I'm assuming the only people who would be interested in my trip are friends or family, but if you don't know me and found this blog on your own I hope I can keep you entertained. I digress, since I prefer to plan ahead I have done a TON of research about what I need to bring. So following the travel bloggers' theme I have laid out everything I am taking. I bought an awesome convertible pack from the great people at REI. Love that place.
So here's everything:

                      

Jeans                                            Flip flops
Socks (5 pairs)                             Running shoes
Capri Spandex                             TOMs
2 tanks                                         Earplugs
2 nice shirts                                  Disposable face wipes
4 tshirts (1 long sleeve)                Pillow case
2 shorts                                        Sleep sheet
Running shorts                            Money belt
Sweater                                       Passport
Rain jacket                                  Phone charger
2 dresses                                     Assorted toiletries
Book light                                  Assorted meds and antibiotics
Packing cubes                            Confirmation pages
Bathing suit                                Soap bar
Universal sink plug                    Locks, TSA approved and locker
Waterproof iphone case             Pack rain cover

I packed only the essentials, which ended up being only 21 pounds. So I got to add another book to eventually trade!

Everything in their place:



The packing Cubes are the green and pink boxes. They're basically little drawers for your pack and I am so excited to use them on the daily. Also, gallon ziploc bags are a huge space saver!


The day pack attaches to the front of the main pack, and the straps in the back zip up or tuck into a compartment in the back on both of them. So you  get either a backpack or a duffle bag. So awesome!
 



My flight is Monday night, but I don't get back into town until Sunday night (Stotes!) so I made sure to have everything packed and ready to go. All I have to do is put in my toothbrush and passport and go. I am still afraid I forgot something, but I'm buying most of my shampoo, toothpaste etc. when I arrive so not too worried. I'm just glad my rowers are keeping me busy and entertained this weekend or else I would be flipping out about everything. More on that tomorrow!


4 comments:

  1. Love the packing cubes! I use them all the time! Looks like you're super organized; hope you're having a fabulous time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking forward to your blog. When you get back, we will row.....if I can ever get this comment section to work!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Ally! Have a great trip. Looking forward to reading about it!

    Doug

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok REI is awesomeeeee! And my pack is an osprey too!! Twins!!!

    ReplyDelete