Monday, May 19, 2014

About to board

Welcome to my third post!

I'm at the airport waiting to board the first flight to Reykjavik and then on to Amsterdam. I have received tons of texts and calls from everyone wishing me luck and safe travels. Thank you so much to all who have sent anything today or anytime in the past few weeks! It has definitely helped me stay relaxed through the past few days. Being in Philly with the 
team helped distract me sufficiently and was super fun. My boat medalled at states last weekend so it was a great chance to celebrate and get some good racing in before nationals next week. 
Aren't they great?


Today was probably the most stressful day, but of course Greg was there with me the whole time running errands and last minute packing mishaps. He got me Chipotle for my last meal and made me stop looking at my watch throughout the day, which were both very helpful. I found a better pair of spandex capris at target along with some emergenC since I will get 6 hours of sleep before arriving at noon in Amsterdam. The uncles arrived at the house today in matching outfits they claim was an "accident." But we said our goodbyes and got to the airport on time. It's a bit surreal, no scratch that, definitely surreal leaving for two months by myself. At least I'll be with these great guys for a week before heading out.


Maybe...

See you in Amsterdam!

3 comments:

  1. Here is my first (of probably many) comments! I hope you guys have a safe flight! Get lots of sleep! I love this blog already and will be following the whole way. 39 days until you get your jacket back! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely need that jacket. When we got off the plane in Iceland it was 30 degrees...

      Delete
  2. Your going to have soo much fun yay!!

    ReplyDelete